Friday, March 18, 2011

Change is in the air.

So, my world seems to be a fluid thing. In the last six months I've changed jobs, changed majors. My best friend got a girl and my kid sister who lived with me got married; so now I have to find someone elts to hang out with and a new roommate. Bad news is I am really really bad at making new friends. I'm not talking about acquaintances. I'm talking about real friends, any monkey can acquire people. It takes me years to find a good one. My last one took over four years to marinate then he went and got himself all punch drunk. In all fairness he deserves to be happy and I don't begrudge him that. If forced, I'd even admit she is a likable sort and to her credit she has gone out of her way to be nice to me. Which is a change from the norm, the girlfriends usually do not like me at all. So... like I said, she's likable. Besides, he is my best friend and I guess its worth the effort. I'm sure she feels the same way. If he's happy then I'm happy... I totally sound like I'm trying to convince myself don't I. Maybe I am.
My Sister got married on the march fourth. The weeks leading up to the event were packed with her, work and school. (In that order) Every weekend was back to Idaho the week of, I had less then 10 hours of sleep (the entire week) and it was my lady time. Suffice it to say emotions were running on high. What makes it worse is everyone kept asking me if I was alright. Lets face it, when thing are strained the last thing you need to hear is, "you look like your about ready to splinter into a million pieces"; which is what they are actually saying. So just a side note, when talking to a person who prides themselves in there calm, never point out that that you can see their cracks. If they're really cracking up and your stupid enough to poke at the beast, its your own fault if they bite off one of your limbs. It wasn't pretty. My sister texted me from California and I almost cried. What can I say I'm an oak. She seems happy though. More relaxed then she's been in several months. I'm glad, she had me worried.... I guess you could say I'm happy she's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment