Monday, September 20, 2010

Your way, My way. Lets all hike the Subway!!

Matt & Jake
Jake is closely related to one of the monkey families.
Matt, Jared, & Jake cleaning
the sand out of their shoes.


So there is a slid at the falls... yeah, my entire
left cheek looked like road rash.
Yep, good times!


Jake wanted to know what it would feel like to swallow a live
fish...no worries, he never caught one. :)


Lots of water.

Lots.

Beautiful views.

Jake on the slick rock.

So excited!!


So I went to hike the Subway on the 25th of August. May I just say this is quite possibly the coolest hike I have ever been on. We started @ about 11a.m. and rapped it up @ 5ish. Including the 45 minuet detour at the beginning, it all rocked. Down the slick rock, up the hill, over the cliff, threw the ice water, around the boulders, in the frigged water, following the stream, and sliding down the ropes. ...Oh yea did I mention being neck deep in the freaking freezing water. Yep, can't wait to do it, or something like it again. I think that my favorite part may have been the 30 below zero water temp. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment