Thursday, July 8, 2010

Good times!

Randy & Elliot
The rock stars of van #1

Brittney, Rachel, Holly, & Myself
The ladies of van #1

Team # 329, The Bod Squad
From left to right, Elliot, Cassy, Victor, Holly, Morgan, Brittney,
Rachel, Kendee, Randy, Ashton, Jeff, & Andrew.


So, I ran the Wasatch Back on the 17th and 18th of June. Can I just say SOOOOO much fun!!! 186 miles, stretching form Logan UT to Park City UT in 34 hours & 34 minutes, all with maybe 4 hours of sleep total. Okay so we didn't win... or even come close to winning; and by not even close I mean that the winners came in at 18 hours and change. They started like 9 hours after us, passed us like we were going backwards, and then finished before we were even half way done. Sick, I know!
There were 1300 teams of 12 with 3 volunteers to each team. If you add to that the food vendors and sanitation workers (bless there beautiful souls). This race is huge! Each member of the race runs three different legs averaging from 13-23 miles total. I had 3 of the smaller legs (thank heavens), about a half marathon. I did manage to constantly shave off 10-15 minutes off my estimated time for each leg. by the end of my last leg I was doing this jog, shuffle, stumble, gimp, walk, jog, cycle. I'm sure I looked hilarious. we all met our last runner at the end and went over the finish line together. At that point I could barley walk so trying to finish with everyone was comical at best. It took me about 24hours to walk normal again, but I'm already signed up to do it again next year. Good times!
...I think I'll train this time. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Me Too, Me Too! I was soooo proud of you! You did AWESOME! You motivated me to run it next year. It's a good thing I have a year to train. I love your guts!

    ReplyDelete